Tuesday, January 20, 2015

January Favorites!

Hey all!

So I see people doing these kinds of things on YouTube, and I'm assuming the Blogosphere is included. Well, here I am including a few of my favorite things.

I have to let you all know that I am in no way, shape, or form a beauty guru. So if I get the titling of a lipstick or perfume wrong, don't hate me. I don't actively buy makeup, but as of late, I've been adventurous, and trying new things...go me!

Our Moment by One Direction Scent

I am in love with this scent completely and utterly. In my twenty odd years on this planet, I have not had the pleasure of owning my own perfume. The only perfume I have is an empty bottle of my Grandmother's perfume on the dresser that has a hint of the scent left in the nozzle (I'm tempted to buy a bottle because I loved her perfume). 

But Our Moment by One Direction is such a fruity and refreshing smell. It doesn't make me feel like I'm wearing perfume. It feels like I'm wearing Bath and Body Works! Highly recommend this one!

After Series by Anna Todd

This book series is becoming my January favorite... and quickly. I've been following the career of Anna Todd since Wattpad as I am a writer on there as well.

After is a highly addictive series with three books out presently. They are all enormous in length and take about a month to read each. The story has many twists and turns, and sometimes repetitive situations. This book is one I can't just put down because it is so good. I highly recommend reading this!

Revlon Lipstick #525 Wine With Everything

I absolutely love this lipstick! I'm just recently getting into lipsticks, and this was one I got on Thanksgiving. I wanted a darker red than the one I currently owned.

This one is just a vibrant, dark color of red. I have been obsessed with red lipsticks, and it makes me feel bold. I love how it looks in the winter kind of setting as well. If you use chap stick before applying, it makes it even creamier and last longer. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS!

Self-Editing for Fiction Writers by Renni Browne & Dave King

This month, I plan on beginning to edit the story I completed earlier on. I bought this book last year, and I know this book will help immensely.

This book has tips, tricks, and examples on how to self-edit your manuscript to perfection. I know this will help for when I change up my story to query Literary Agents with this story. I can't wait to put the tips from this book to the test. It's a helpful read.

1989 by Taylor Swift.. Taylor in General

Source: Wikipedia

This month, I have been OBSESSED with Taylor Swift. Her new album, 1989 is probably one of my favorite albums right now. During the day, this is on repeat.

I have also invested in her first album as that was the only one I was really missing. So she has been blasting through the speakers in my house for the past three or so odd weeks.

Her music, I've noticed, has become considerably better than her previous albums. Her making the conversion to strictly Pop music was one of the best decisions she could have made for herself. 1989 is definitely the best album from her, and everyone should give it a go.

Four by One Direction

 One Direction is probably my favorite band ever. So this being on this list shouldn't be a big surprise to anyone at all.

This album has a whole lot of rock influence, and you can hear the 80's vibe to it. Those are definitely my favorite tracks. Some of the tracks worth listening to for those who aren't really interested in them are Stockholm Syndrome and Where Do Broken Hearts Go. Those are two of the strongest songs on the album.

The Fosters

Source: huffington post

The Fosters is an American show (on US Netflix only according to a UK friend of mine). I've been obsessed with this show because of how special the storyline is. This show has definitely gone past the standards of television.

One of my favorite aspects of The Fosters is the fact that it follows a foster couple who happen to be lesbians. This show definitely shows that family is much more than blood relatives. Sure, some people may be related to their birth mother, but she isn't "Mom."

This is one of the most special shows on a cable network show. It portrays the real meaning of family, and what it's like to have a life that isn't easy. Go check this out because it truly is a special show.



New Mugs and Tea

Tea has been a big thing in my life for the past two years. I am OBSESSED with it, and my best friend who is Scottish told me the "right" way to make tea. I love me a cuppa Yorkshire Tea. I have a large bulk bag in my bedroom!

I've recently discovered my love for cute mugs, and have been slowly adding to the collection. The photo beside this is the newest addition, and my amazon wishlist has tons of mugs that I've been finding on the web.

Celebrity Big Brother

Source: bigbrother247.co.uk
Celebrity Big Brother is by far my favorite reality show ever. Well, I am correcting this to just plain old Big Brother from the UK. Big Brother is just so interesting to watch, and I love how it's on three times a year.

I love how different it is from the US. The US one I felt was so dull compared to the UK edition.




Loreal Blackbuster Liquid Eyeliner

I bought this eyeliner on a whim, I admit. I had a slowly dying eyeliner, and this one is perfect for doing like top lids and cat eyes. It's a great one, and I definitely recommend it. 











Kindle Fire HD 7

I purchased this Kindle in December, and I don't think I could use any old kindle ever again. This one I already rely on for just about everything. Check my social media...op, let me grab me kindle. 

It's an amazing Kindle, I highly recommend it for everyone looking for a great device for reading books on!





Those are my January Favorites! I hope you enjoyed them, I know I did!
~Amanda .xx

No comments:

Post a Comment