Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Bared to You by Sylvia Day | REVIEW

Series: Crossfire #1
Genre: Mature, Adult, Erotica
Published: June 12, 2012
Pages: 338
Links to buy: | Amazon Kindle** | Goodreads Barnes & Noble 

**The book is not in print for some places, and I'm not sure why. Possibly reprinting.
RATING: ❤❤❤❤

SYNOPSIS:

“Full of emotional angst, scorching love scenes, and a compelling storyline.”—Dear Author 

THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness… 

He was beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I’d never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily…

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other’s most private wounds…and desires.The bonds of his love transformed me, even as i prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...

(From Goodreads)

REVIEW:

This is the second time I've read this book, but it is so good! I was recommended this book by author Anna Todd (pre-After being published) and I bought the books that were out.

Rereading this book gave me feels. Like I love Gideon and Eva's relationship. It hits me in all the right places.


Their relationship was so dynamically different from other relationships I've seen. In my head, my mind keeps going over Ana and Christian (Fifty Shades of Grey) and Hardin and Tessa (After). Eva and Gideon have this relationship where when one moves, the other one reacts. They work together, and to me it feels like they really portray a real adult relationship.

However, the beginning where Gideon just flat out says he wants to sleep with Eva had me cracking up because he did it in such a blunt way. I did love Eva's boss and his partner. Basically, everyone around Eva were just my favorite people in the book. Her roommate being bisexual was a HUGE highlight because you don't see too much of that in books let alone television.

I find it hard to review a book you have so many thoughts about, but simply can't put them into a coherent thought. This book was spectacular. That's the only thing I have reeling through my mind. Sylvia Day's characters really flaunt a sense of connectivity, and I love that about her writing. Her writing is so beautiful that it makes me want to watch their love story on TV.

The only thing that kept me from giving this story 5/5 hearts was that it was almost too fast-paced for me. I like relationships to build over time, and this one felt like it was a snap of the fingers and they were in love. I don't know if that's just me, but I did love their relationship. Fast paced books are why I don't read James Patterson.

Did you know.....





No comments:

Post a Comment