Monday, February 9, 2015

Balancing Writing/Reading and College

Hey Everyone!

So today's topic I chose to discuss the topic of finding time to read and/or write in between your busy college schedules. I struggled immensely with this last year, but as a 2014-2015 school year resolution, I made it a goal to find time to do these things.

One of the first things I advise is to ask yourself this question. It's an important one:


Just how much Netflix/Hulu/YouTube are you watching?

Think about this answer real hard. Are you spending copious amounts of time surfing the black hole that is YouTube? Endlessly scrolling through tumblr? Then you are spending way too much time on the internet, and must adjust your schedule to incorporate writing into it. This is how I fit writing into my schedule so far. I am only six days into my semester (not including weekends).

I have an hour between every single class, so I find the time I write the most is when I am sitting there for an hour between classes. It also helps that I have a bright pink post-it note taped to my computer that asks me if I wrote 2,500 words today.

So for reading, I always read for about an hour before I go to bed. However, I am often immersed into my writing that I forget to do this. I do try! But sometimes I'm more into a writing mood than a reading one.

Basically to sum up this post:
-Write if you have an area between classes
-Cut down on your interneting
-KEEP ON TRUCKING THROUGH YOUR DAYS SPRING BREAK IS NEAR

Hope this helps all!
~Amanda .xx

No comments:

Post a Comment